Background

Monday, February 20, 2012

Mad Scientist

Making soap, while an art, has a bit of science to it.  Especially if you're making cold process.  My husband likes to refer to me as a mad scientist, and I believe many people who make soap feel that in one way, we sort of are mad scientists. 

As I've been delving more into the world of cold process, I'm finding myself thinking up recipes and oil combinations that people will love.  My favorites right now include Coconut, Palm, Olive Oil, Avocado Oil, as well as my favorite for lotion....shea butter.  But getting the right mix and having the soap still come out right can be tricky.  There's lots of experimenting going on in our kitchen right now....and soon, my soap shop.

My husband has been very supportive of my little endeavor and for that, I am eternally grateful.  He likes to see how products look, he'll smell every product I put under his nose, and last week, he got me the best gift ever...my own soap lab.  Well, sort of.

For Valentine's Day, my hubby got me the makings of a soap lab.  He's converting part of our garage and giving up some of his tool space to provide me with my own dedicated space. I'll have cabinets and storage, a work space, and peace of mind that I won't hurt our kitchen counters. 

So now, this mad scientist not only has her experiments and creations, but also a lab in which to work.  Check for updates on this soon to happen makeover!

No comments:

Post a Comment